It’s been a while since I’ve done a recipe post so I wanted to do something a little different.
A while ago I bought Alex The Vault Dweller’s Official Cookbook, which contains numerous recipes based on things from the Fallout games series. We had a flip through and I decided to make one of the biscuits – Buffout ones specifically. All credit for this recipe goes to Victoria Rosenthal, it has just been adapted slightly by me.
The recipe in the book works with cups as measurements, but as I’m British and don’t work with that I’ve converted them to grams, which is why they may seem a little random – but they do work so don’t worry.
- 128g of unsalted butter
- 64g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 192g plain flour
- 64g almond flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Combine butter and icing sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and almond extract and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Cover baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Take a tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Gently press the ball down on the greaseproof to form a large disc. With a knife cross the top of the biscuit.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Put in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until set or until top is crispy.
- Allow cookies to cool.
Our Buffout biscuits ended up less green than the ones in the book appear to be, but they tasted amazing.
If you give these a go yourself, let me know how they turn out and what you think of them.